Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
· List legal responsibilities with regard to moving and handling
· Explain the consequences of poor moving and handling practice
· Explain body anatomy in relation to moving and handling
· Describe the principles of safe moving and handling
· Demonstrate safe moving and handling practice
Working within healthcare and social care often involves moving, lifting, or otherwise manually handling people. With this in mind, our moving and handling training programmes are designed to highlight the risks and requirements associated with manual handling. Safe moving and handling requires healthcare employees to know the correct procedures for moving adults and children without causing injury to either themselves or the person they are supporting. This includes learning to use hoists and other aids, and being aware of the legislation surrounding moving and handling. Training may include moving & handling of patients or general moving & handling training. Care Certificate Standard 13.
Courses start from £500 for a Full Day.